I just updated to the latest version of El Capitan (10.11.6) and was no longer able to access any of the virtual hosts in VVV (Varying Vagrant Vagrants) due to an HTTP timeout. I could SSH into it via vagrant ssh no problem.
After much searching, many vagrant provisions and trying everything in VVV github issues like this one, the following ended up sorting it out:
- Ran vagrant halt to stop the machine
- Updated to the latest version of VirtualBox that I was on via VirtualBox > Check For Updates (5.0.30)
- Ran VBoxManage modifyvm “vvv” –natdnshostresolver1 on to clear any DNS issues
- Updated to the latest version of Vagrant (1.9.1) and ran vagrant -v to ensure it was properly installed
- Ran git pull in the vvv folder to update the provision scripts
- Updated the IP address in the vvv Vagrantfile from 192.168.50.4 to 192.168.51.4 (in case there was a conflict)
- Ran vagrant up –provision to bring up the machine and run through the provision process again
Voila! VVV back up and running.