- Site performance
This course will show you how to help avoid these pitfalls and introduce you to the new WP REST API available starting in WordPress 4.4!
(watch for free!)
Module 1: Introduction
This short module introduces the core concepts we’ll cover in the later modules.
- Basic Concepts
- When to call wp_enqueue_script
- Localizing your script and passing data
- Notes on using jQuery in WordPress
- Demo: Prevent adding posts with no featured image
- Demo: Using jQuery UI on the front end
- Adding Within a Theme
- Using PHP Classes
- Registering multiple scripts
Module 3: Using AJAX to Send and Save Data
- Adding an Endpoint
- Using the Endpoint
- Validation and Sanitization
- Calling our Endpoint
- Demo: Cupcake Voting
- More Complex Endpoints
- Best Practices
- Creating the Tasks in Gruntfile.js
- Adding Development vs. Production Versions
Sign Up Now!
If you sign up below, I’ll send you instructions on how you can access the course (for free!).
About the Author
Brian Hogg is a WordPress developer, trainer, WordCamp organizer, and creator of the Event Calendar Newsletter plugin.
Brian’s also a former instructor at McMaster University, along with volunteering to lead sessions on WordPress, jQuery and CSS for Ladies Learning Code.