- Site performance
This course will show you how to help avoid these pitfalls and introduce you to the new WP REST API available starting in WordPress 4.4!
Module 1: Introduction
This short module introduces the core concepts we’ll cover in the later modules.
- Basic Concepts
- When to call wp_enqueue_script
- Localizing your script and passing data
- Notes on using jQuery in WordPress
- Demo: Prevent adding posts with no featured image
- Demo: Using jQuery UI on the front end
- Adding Within a Theme
- Using PHP Classes
- Registering multiple scripts
Module 3: Using AJAX to Send and Save Data
- Adding an Endpoint
- Using the Endpoint
- Validation and Sanitization
- Calling our Endpoint
- Demo: Cupcake Voting
- More Complex Endpoints
- Best Practices
- Creating the Tasks in Gruntfile.js
- Adding Development vs. Production Versions
About the Author
Brian Hogg is a WordPress developer, trainer, WordCamp organizer, and creator of the Event Calendar Newsletter plugin.
Brian’s also a former instructor at McMaster University, along with volunteering to lead sessions on WordPress, jQuery and CSS for Ladies Learning Code.